Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), many parents are working from home & schools/daycares are closed. With kids & parents both needing structure, I thought it might help to have a running list of the most helpful resources for creating a routine while many of us are practicing social distancing.
I’m including links to other blogs, websites, and resources that may be of use to you during this time. There are ideas of activities to do at home with your toddlers, things to help keep your bigger kids focused while school is closed, and more. Also, some resources and links on managing anxiety and stress during this time. I’ll be updating this list as I find more things around the internet. Follow us on Twitter & Instagram for more suggestions!
The Usual Suspects
- Daily Activities, Tips, Games, and more – PBSkids
- Children’s Ebooks & Audiobooks on Libby
- Baby Sign Language (Interactive Video)
- Scholastic is offering free resources in response to many school closures.
- ABCya! offers content for PreK-6+
- Youtube Kids (Dance Along videos are awesome to get the kids, and even you, moving while indoors)
- Running list of independent musicians converting their music shows to Livestream/virtual
- Jam with Jamie – Virtual Jam Session
- Free Virtual Yoga on 3/16 from Buddha Belly Kids Yoga
- Hopalong Andrew
- Treasure Trunk Theatre Virtual Classes
- Read Along with Oliver Jeffers M-F, 2 pm EST on Instagram
- Sing With Suzi Virtual Shows, every day this week on Facebook Live
- Union Square Play: daily activity Livestream and events with various children’s specialists
- Tinkergarten: an outdoor activity source turning their content online & indoor (Facebook)
- Alina Celeste & Mi Amigo Hamlet: twice-daily live Youtube sing- & dance-along